Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful for the daredevil moments

Well, we made it to the end of the first week of swimming lessons. The kiddos did great, they love the water, the fun games they get to play. They even had them jumping into the 13 foot pool from the diving boards. The first day I about had a heart attack when they went over there, but was relieved when they just lifted the kids into the waiting arms of a lifeguard in the water. Carson however, wanted to be a big boy and jumped off the board into the lifeguards arms. The other moms observing lessons stated look at that boy, he is a little daredevil. I said, "yep, that is my little daredevil"

It amazes me many times a day when I look at my kids and all they can do and accomplish. Each new thing they experience is like a gift, a gift I am so thankful to witness. Atley and Carson being born so early and now unless I share the events of their birth with others, most don't know the struggles and worries we faced. So this week wasn't just about them taking their first swimming lessons without us being right in the water, it was about being thankful that they can. I am even thankful for the moments that almost give me a heart attack, like Carson jumping off into the 13 feet diving pool.

No comments: